Gold Coast Aquatic Centre redevelopment was one of the premier locations for the 2018 Commonwealth Games. To prepare this facility for the games Watpac Constructions redeveloped the complete centre which included the new lighting installation.
The facility consists of 2 full-size Olympic size swimming pools as well as a full-size diving pool.
Designed and then constructed over a six-month period the project included:
- Design of the poles closely with Ingal EPS and the clients which were to be installed during the installation of the new buildings and pools.
- The design of the lighting levels to ensure full compliance to Panpac Games and competition levels
- Full compliance to AS4282 for minimal spill lighting for the residents opposite the site, while still providing required light levels for local competition and preparation for Broadcast Lighting Levels through the Commonwealth games.
- Organisation of the delivery of all equipment to the busy metro location.
- Aiming of all light fixtures to ensure maximum lighting levels were applied.
The project was completed within an extremely tight time frame and closely in line with Ingal EPS and Watpac Constructions delivery schedule. This facility was a standout location during the 2018 Commonwealth Games.
Gold Coast Aquatic Centre Redevelopment
Ingal EPS and WATPAC
Design and Construct
Swimming Pools and Dive Pool